Who will win the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League? IPL Team prediction ahead of the IPL 2020 season. MI’s Winner Prediction by Astrology. IPL 2020 Toss & Match Predictions, 2020 Online Betting Tips, Free Betting Tips. Indian Premier League 2020 Predicted Playing XI and team Predictions for Dream11. IPL 2020 Live Updates. Astrology Match Predictions. IPL Squad, date, time, and venue. Get the Toss Predictions. Get Free, accurate, and 100% correct Match Predictions. Play the Poll and Vote for your favourite team.
Bowling has been a tough ask in a format like T20. The bowlers should have a special skill to stop the run flow of the batsmen in this shortest format of Cricket. But their job is not done when they just stop the runs.
The primary job of the bowlers is to pick up wickets and they should also stop runs with that. As we all know the T20 format is entertaining because of the sixes and boundaries scored by the batsmen. But bowlers and fielders to play a huge part in that entertainment.
The fielders take diving catches and also save the boundaries by sliding near the boundary ropes. While the bowlers are the ones who apply the brakes on the batsmen by picking up wickets in their quota of just 4 overs.
The batsmen can get whole 20 overs to bat. But the bowlers get only 4 overs in the innings. The bowlers are asked to make an impression from these 4 overs. That is why the T20 format is said to a cruel game for the bowlers.
Still, many bowlers have achieved great heights in this format. Bowling maiden overs in T20 Cricket is a special achievement. It tells us the temperament, skill, variations, and the accuracy of the line and length that the bowlers have.
Ahead of the 13th edition of this cash-rich league tournament, today we shall let our fans know the Top 5 bowlers who have bowled the most maiden overs in the history of the Indian Premier League –
- Praveen Kumar – India’s former fast bowler Praveen Kumar tops the list of the most maiden overs bowled in the IPL History. Praveen was the swing bowler in Team India once. Praveen Kumar gave many memorable victories to Team India on several important occasions. The one moment which Praveen was instrumental in India’s win was the Commonwealth Bank ODI Tri-series against Australia and Sri Lanka Down Under in 2008. Praveen also had a decent career in the cash-rich league tournament. He has a record of bowling the most number of maiden overs in the tournament. Praveen has bowled 420.4 overs in 119 matches of his IPL career, which also includes 14 maiden overs. In all Praveen has picked up 90 wickets in his career in the IPL tournament.
- Irfan Pathan – Irfan Pathan was one of the best all-rounders of Team India. He had shown great skill both with the ball and bat. Pathan had a decent IPL career and an international cricket career. Pathan is the bowler who has picked the highest number of wickets in the ODI format without playing a single 50 over world cup tournament for the country. Amazingly, Pathan is the second bowler to ball the most maiden overs in the IPL History. Irfan, Pathan has bowled 10 maiden overs while bowling 340.3 overs in 103 matches. Overall, Irfan Pathan has picked up 80 wickets in this tournament to his name.
- Dhawal Kulkarni – India’s young fast bowler Dhawal Kulkarni has been featured in the third position in the Indian Premier League (IPL) in terms of a maximum number of maiden overs bowled in the tournament. Dhaval hails from Mumbai. Dhawal has bowled the third-highest, 8 maiden overs in the IPL History so far. In his IPL career, Dhawal Kulkarni has played for Mumbai Indians, Rajasthan Royals, and Gujarat Lions. He bowled 8 maiden overs from 290.5 overs and in all, he has picked up 86 wickets from 90 IPL matches.
- Lasith Malinga – The Sri Lankan Legendary fast bowler and the Current Skipper of Sri Lanka’s T20 International team has been the most successful bowler in 12 years of IPL. Malinga has picked up the highest wickets in his IPL career (170). Apart from this, Lasith has bowled Maiden over 8 times during his bowling of 471.1 overs in 122 matches of his IPL career.
- Sandeep Sharma – Sandeep Sharma is another Indian fast bowler who has dominated the IPL with his swing bowling. Sandeep Sharma is known for his sharp bowling. In the IPL, Sandeep has played 79 matches till now and from 290.5 overs, Sandeep has bowled 8 overs maiden. With this, Sharma has also picked up 95 wickets to his name.
Join our Telegram Channel – @CrikTrik
Follow un on Instagram – @criktrik
Like our FB Page – CrikTrik
Follow us on Twitter – @CrikTrik
Follow us on Tumblr – CrikTrik