The final game of the Indian Premier League 2020 season took place at the Dubai International Stadium. The two teams clashing for the trophy were Mumbai Indians, with 4 titles under their belt already, and Delhi Capitals – a team still looking for their first success. Millions of cricket fans were able to watch the final game and use the high odds offered by 1xBet to place bets on their favorite team.
As the match started, the Delhi Capitals looked determined to continue playing the fearless cricket that took them all the way to the final. Despite this courageous approach from the cup contenders, Mumbai captain Rohit Sharma made a last-minute tactical amendment replacing Rahul Chahar with Jayant Yadav.
Mumbai Indians Won their Fifth Trophy
Delhi Capitals chose to bat first, however, the start wasn’t what they expected. Clearly feeling the pressure of such an important match, opening duo Shikhar Dhawan and Marcus Stoinis didn’t give their best cricket. Shikhar did not even manage to change the scoreboard while Marcus got only 15 runs in the match. Up next to give a boost for the team, Shreyas Iyer and Rishabh Pant managed to put together 96 runs taking the team total to 118 runs after 15 overs. Shreyas continued to make the most of his great form and got 65 unbeaten taking the team overall to an impressive 156 runs.
Trent Boult, the Mumbai Indians speedster played a crucial role as he managed to bring 3 vital breakthroughs. This meant Delhi couldn’t really play the all-in cricket they planned before the match. Luckily for 1xBet customers, that backed-up the Delhi Capitals, the risk-free bet promotion run by the bookmaker enabled them to receive their stake back.
Excellent Display from Rohit Sharma
As a response to Delhi opening the game, the experienced Rohit Sharma and Quinton de Kock duo gave Mumbai Indians a great start. Quinton de Kock got 20 runs, 3 fours and 1 six. With a total of 45 for 1 in 4.1 overs, Mumbai got the perfect start they were hoping for. Then, Surya Kumar continued this great start by getting 19 runs before having to sacrifice his wicket in the favor of his compatriot. Rohit Sharma racked up 68 runs to make things even clearer on the pitch. 1xBet offered customers the possibility to place special bets on players so cricket fans had the opportunity to make a profit predicting the number of runs for Sharma in an under/over betting market.
Prize Money Won by IPL 2020 Winners
Here’s the full list of the money prizes handed for the IPL 2020 edition. We’ve included the individual awards as well as the team prizes.
- Devdutt Padikkal won 10 Lakhs for being the Emerging Player of the tournament
- Jofra Archer also got 10 Lakhs for the Most Valuable Player Award
- Gamechanger of the Season Award was handed to Kl Rahul together with 10 lakhs
- Kieron Pollard won the Superstriker of the Season Award and prize money of 10 Lakhs as well
- Ishan Kishan got the Most Sixes and 10 Lakhs for his performance
- The Powerplay of the Season Award went to Trent Boult together with the 10 Lakhs
- Kagiso Rabada was the Purple Cap Winner and got a 10 Lakhs reward while Kl Rahul also got the Orange Cap Award and another 10 Lakhs
- Mumbai Indians got 20 crores for winning the tournament
- Delhi Capitals got the runner-up prize of 12.5 crore
- Sunrisers Hyderabad and Royal Challengers Bangalore got 8.75 crores each for the Losing Qualifier Award
You too can win great prizes by supporting your favorite cricket teams at 1xBet. Take full advantage of the high odds, rewarding promotions, and wide betting markets right away and create an account at 1xBet!
Follow us on Instagram – @criktrik
Like our FB Page – CrikTrik
Follow us on Twitter – @CrikTrik
Follow us on Tumblr – CrikTrik